Articles submitted to the editor of Biotropic : The Journal of Tropical Biology must follow the technical provisions:
- The manuscript submitted has not been published and is not being considered for publication in other journals.
- The manuscript arranged on A4 paper with the rule: 1 cm paragraph spacing, margin 1,5 cm (Top), and 2,54 cm (Right, Left, Bottom). Incoming articles are evaluated by the Reviewer (Mitra Bestari). An article can submit tohttp://jurnalsaintek.uinsby.ac.id/index.php/biotropic or send via email to email@example.com
- Articles should include abstracts, introductions, methods, results and discussion, and conclusions as well as referral lists. Scriptwriting using ms. word in .docx format
- The title should clearly describe the substance of the study with a maximum of 18 words and using the Cambria font size 14 and single space.
- The name of the author of the article (without an academic degree, position, or rank) with the name institution of origin and placed under the title of the article, and include the email address of the corresponding author.
- Abstract in articles written in English, not more than 150-200 words followed by keywords as much as 3-5 words or phrases. The abstract contains the aim of research, methods, and findings. The author can also add a review of the research problem in the first paragraph, conclusions, and implications of the research. Using Cambria font size 11 pt and single space.
- The manuscript body writes in 2 columns using Cambria font size 11 pt, and a single space.
- The introduction contains backgrounds, research contexts, literature review results, and research objectives. The entire introductory section is presented in an integrated form in the form of paragraphs.
- The method contains exposure on the type of research, time and place of study, research targets (population and sample for quantitative research while research subject for qualitative research), instruments, data collection techniques, and data analysis techniques.
- Results and discussion are focused on linking the data and the results of their analysis of the problems or objectives of the study and the theoretical context. Findings of field realities are linked to previous research results or to existing theories.
- The conclusion presents a summary of the description of the results and discussion and refers to the research objectives. The recommendations are based on the research findings that have been discussed. Suggestions may refer to practical actions, the development of new theories, or further research recommendations.
- Reference writing based on the American Psychological Association (APA) style. The list of references is arranged alphabetically and chronologically. Further read about APA is available here.
a. Books with one to five author
Kaufman, C., Perlman, R., & Speciner, M. (1995). Network security: Private communication in a public world. Englewood, NJ: Prentice Hall.
b. Book with six or more author
Yang, K. L. et al. (2009). The real customers. Englewood, NJ: Prentice Hall.
a. Journal Article
Hamidah, D., Nuryani, Y. R., & Made, A. M. (2011). Pengembangan profesional guru biologi SMA melalui penerapan pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) pada materi genetika. Jurnal Pendidikan MIPA, 12(2), 113-129.
b. Online article with DOI
Gatbonton, E. (2008). Looking beyond teachers’ classroom behavior: Novice and experience ESL teachers’ pedagogical knowledge. Language Teaching Research, 12(2), 161-182. doi: 10.1177/1362168807086286
c. Online article without DOI
Nielsen, L. (2009). Green farm subsidies sponsoring eco-labeling: is the separation of market access and subsidies regulation in WTO law sustainable?. Journal of World Trade,43(6), 1193-1222. Retrieved from http://www.kluwerlawonline.com/producinfo.php?pubcode=TRAD
d. Newspaper article in print
English, P. (1996, December 28). Anguish as moths escape spraying. New Zealand Herald, p. A1.
e. Newspaper article found online
Bruce, D. (2007, December 13). Chairman frustrated by ‘nonsense’. Otago Daily Times, Retrieved from http://www.odt.co.nz
Margiyono, I. & Mampow, H. L. (2010). Deskripsi pedagogical content knowledge guru pada bahasan tentang bilangan rasional. Proceeding International Seminar and the Fourth National Conference on Mathematics Education 2011 “Building the Nation Character through Humanistic Mathematics Education”, 21-23 July 2011. Yogyakarta: Department of Mathematics Education, Yogyakarta State University.
Subanji. (2007). Proses berpikir penalaran kovariasional pseudo dan mengkonstruksi grafik fungsi kejadian dinamik berkebalikan. Disertasi tidak dipublikasikan. Surabaya: Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
Shadiq, F. (2007, Agustus 29). Penalaran atau reasoning: Perlu dipelajari para siswa di sekolah? Retrieved from http://prabu.telkom.us/2007/08/29/penalaran-atau-reasoning